Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My kitchen aid ice maker is leaking from the a clear drain

Customer Question

my kitchen aid ice maker is leaking from the a clear drain hose where it connects to the ice maker and tightening the clamp does not help. it is a slow drip.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it leaks there and will not seal, the drain is probably broken or cracked above that and leaking down. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Can you follow that drain line up to the container and also look inside the ice container to see if it is cracked anywhere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water was coming from where the clear hose connects to the black connector. And the overflow clear hose had water. Is it possible a pump is not pumping the water out the clear hose line.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is the plastic fitting broken at the brass coupling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected all the fittings to check for leaks and they are ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The leak has to be coming from above that hose then and running down. No cracks in the bin at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None that I can see..when that water is being drained, is it there a pump that pumps the water. If not, I guess I will replace all the fittings unless you have any other suggestions
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is shown as number 22 in the diagram at the link below. But it would not leak from above that fitting. CLICK HERE