Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The freezer in my LG refrigerator, model number LFX25991ST‎,

Customer Question

the freezer in my LG refrigerator, model number LFX25991ST‎, seems to have stopped working. some of the food inside is starting to thaw, as well as a ice tray that was frozen completely is now melting. does this fridge have a thaw cycle? and, if so, how long does it last before starting to cool again? I've also heard there is a smartphone app for diagnostics?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The defrost cycle is only 20 minutes long and only initiates once or twice per day. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?