Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I cannot reset time on clock after power failure. Neither hour nor minute will move on W

Customer Question

I cannot reset time on clock after power failure. Neither hour nor minute will move on Whirlpool Oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that usually indicates a faulty keypad. Try unplugging it or flipping the breaker off for 2-3 minutes. That might possibly reset it. Doubtful but worth a shot. If that does not reset it, the keypad would need to be replaced because it was shorted during the outage.If you have the model number, I could get the part number for you. Depending on the model the keypad my sold separately from the control. if you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. You can get the part locally or from sears parts. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you