Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to locate the thermal fuse on a Maytag Model#M

Customer Question

I am trying to locate the thermal fuse on a Maytag Model#MED9800TQ0?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The thermal fuse is mounted to the top of the blower wheel housing below the dryer drum. Below is a video that shows you how to access the unit. Don't be confused by the video showing a Whirlpool dryer, this Maytag is made by Whirlpool since Maytag was bought out in 2006. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the thermal fuse and my dryer will still not work. The "sensing" light comes on with one beep
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK I never said the fuse would fix this issue although it is one of the possibilities. The other possibilities are a broken belt or a bad main control board so you would need to make sure the belt isn't broken and if not, replace the main control board under the top panel of the dryer attached to the left side wall.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?