Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Thermadore side by side fridge. Compressor was clicking. Trying

Customer Question

Thermadore side by side fridge. Compressor was clicking. Trying to start but would not. Just replaced starter rely. Now only freezer cooling. Any suggestions as to why other side not cooling?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The refrigerator takes much longer to get down to temperature because it steals air form the freezer to cool down and very little air actually flows from the freezer to the refrigerator so you should just need to wait about 12 hours and the refrigerator will cool down. The freezer only takes about 2-3 hours to get down to temperature. Other than that, if the refrigerator still isn't cooling, either your damper assembly has failed and isn't opening to allow air into the refrigerator like it should, or the fan inside the freezer has failed and isn't circulating the air over to the refrigerator so that would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?