Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Sub Zero 501 double freezer (circa 1993). It is leaking

Customer Question

I have a Sub Zero 501 double freezer (circa 1993). It is leaking water in the back interior and freezing up. I see the ice forming all the way across the back and dripping down to the floor.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, along the back is a tray in the middle is a hose. That hose usually gets clogged with debris. You can try to clean the line with hot water in a turkey baster or use a soft plastic line that's stiff enough to go though the corrugated drain line. Sometimes you have to clean the end where the water drips into the pan underneath. Once the line is clear chip and clean the ice up. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you