Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a GE Hotpoint and wasn't making any ice. So ordered a

Customer Question

Have a GE Hotpoint and wasn't making any ice. So ordered a new ice maker and install but still not making any ice after a couple days.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
also I see you requested a phone call so I'll send that option which you can cancel if you don't want to pay for that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replace both the ice maker and the dual inlet valve in my hotpoint refrigerator still no ice.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That is why you must run through the test and checks that I gave you to determine what the problem is because you don't know if you got a bad part of if the temperature isn't correct or you have a frozen water line or what. If you're just guessing and replacing parts you may solve the problem eventually but there is no system or processor to fixing the refrigerator in that fashion so you have no idea if what your replacing should fix the problem or not.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?