Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

On the Viking Stove model # ***** - is there a manual available to assist me install

Customer Question

On the Viking Stove model # ***** - is there a manual available to assist me installing some basic oven parts (i.e. - Bake Burner, oven spark igniter, spark module)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The service manual for that model is available below.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/74uphxodn0766t8/VGSC_Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a local appliance place that is quoting me almost $500 to replace the following parts on this stove.
1) Hinge set
2) Bake Burner
3) Oven Spark ignitor
4) Spark ModuleThe hinge set and bake burner look easy to do. The oven spark ignitor and spark module, according to this manual - are not clear. Do you think I'll be able to figure it out when I see what these parts (I already ordered) look like? Parts store told me that the replacement of these items is easy.Just looking for your opinion, you are not legally bound or anything
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The oven igniter is accessed by removing the front lower access panel and is easy to get to. The spark module is located usually under the burner pans, so it should be easy to get to. However, I have seen some mounted on the back of the range, even when they show to be mounted under the top. All in all, they are not difficult to work, just require some disassembly and possibly pulling the unit out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I may call you when the parts come in and I'm cursing the whole process!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you!