Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My washer, six years old, suddenly stopped working: after turned

Customer Question

my washer, six years old, suddenly stopped working: after turned on, you can hear two clicks, and a little water coming down, then you can only hear "eng..........".I tried restart several times with less clothing inside, won't help.
Could you tell me what's wrong and how can I get help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what is the make and model number so I can better assist you? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maytag 3000 series
Do you see a sticker with the model number on it? Usually around the front door area? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,I took a pic, but sorry it's upside down
No worries. Thank you. Do you hear the motor running is that what's making the noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably yes, the noise is there, but the machine doesn't turn
Thank you. That would indicate a broken belt. Have you removed the top and inspected the belt? If you hear the motor running, the tub should be turning. Usually the belt breaks and it sounds like it's working but it's not moving. You can get the belt from any local appliance parts house or from sears parts. The link below also has the belt.http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-belt-w10388418-ap5324685.html We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you, I'll try that. Talk to you later
You're most welcome. Happy to help. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened the top, and the belt is not broken, hope there is only one belt?
Yes, there is only one belt. It's the one on the back. So you hear the drain pump running not the wash motor. It starts to fill and then shuts off and makes the motor noise right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Perfect. Thank you. That's what we needed to know. The CCU is shorted. It's the only thing that would cause this issue. Double check the connections on the board on the top right. If the connections are good, you need the board in the link below. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10157481-ap4365011.html We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you