John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a ge model GSS25JEPD BB fridge and last night I hooked

Customer Question

I have a ge model GSS25JEPD BB fridge and last night I hooked up the ice maker water line and turned the water on and in about a minute water stared to run out of the bottom of the dispenser door. How do I go about fixing this. Never used the fridge before. Got it from a friend who had it in storage for about 4 years.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
replace the water valve , part number WR57X10032 , which is located in the back behind the rear cover. See a picture of it at www.repairclinic.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how replacing the water valve on the back of the refrigerator stops the water from running out of the front door on the front of the refrigerator? I had the water valve out and it was not leaking I checked that.
I'm assuming you mean the water is running out of the dispenser where you hold a glass for water, and if water is running there without depressing the pad , the problem is the water valve I described. If this is NOT what you are talking about - exactly where is the water coming from - from inside the fresh food side and then on the floor , or from underneath the fridge ?