Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

We Have a 5 month old kitchenaid refrigerator which all of

Customer Question

We Have a 5 month old kitchenaid refrigerator which all of a sudden started making a loud whining noise. We had to unplug it to stop it. We also noticed that the freezer has been accumulating a lot of ice (but the icemaker is turned off)
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should we do to protect the refrigerator, and what is the problem?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This sounds like the compressor is noisy
Does it only do this when the compressor is running?
Thanks
Rob