Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Maytag maxima front load washer is leaking. I checked the

Customer Question

My Maytag maxima front load washer is leaking. I checked the hose and drain connections, all fine. Took the back off and it looks as though the leak is not from the pump. The amount of water leaking during/after each load is nota lot, maybe 1/3 of a gallon. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, check the door gasket for rips and holes. Move it around and feel along the gasket from top to bottom.Next check the dispenser housing. I've seen the housings crack and leak and also the hoses that connect to it. Next I would inspect the water valve assembly. Sometimes the seal on the solenoid will fail and leak. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you