Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, I have kenmore washer model 26002010 motor wont

Customer Question

Hello Tyler,
I have kenmore washer model 26002010 motor wont start. I did replace lid switch but still will not start. what part needs to be replaced if that will help?
thanks for your help
Blair
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator. There is an actuator motor below the tub that switches the shifter next to the motor. If it won't shift into the correct position, then the washer won't start. To access this part, you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the actuator if you want to replace it. CLICK HERE for actuatorNow, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. d. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START. Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Tyler,
Actually the washing machine started working just fine and did not need any repair. Please close my account out completely there please since I do not want to pay anything further. Were completely done.
Thank you
Blair
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok good luck.