Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Sometimes after doing a load of wash and trying to run another

Customer Question

Sometimes after doing a load of wash and trying to run another load, the machine will not fill. Water goes into the tub but it just goes right through and down the drain. Sometimes if we would run it through the last spin cycle again it would then fill properly. Now even that won't work. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This is a simple fix. The issue is that the water is siphoning out of the drain hose for some reason which means the drain hose isn't run properly. The drain hose should raise up to the top of the washer washer and then go down the drain pipe no more than 8 inches. If the drain hose goes too far down the drain pipe, it can cause the tub to siphon the water out after water is inside the drain. Just pull the drain hose up and zip tie it so it doesn't fall down too far again in the future. Then you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.