Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Front loader washer, door will not open.....tried turning of

Customer Question

Front loader washer, door will not open.....tried turning of .....tried unplugging....still locked....code flashing is F3, E2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F3 E2 is an indication of a water temperature sensor (NTC) error, or Heating Circuit failure. Check the Water Temperature Sensor and check connections to the Water Temperature Sensor.To access, you will have to UNPLUG your washer and remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel. Remove the entire back sheet metal panel. The sensor (NTC) is located at the base of the wash tub in from the back left bottom corner of the tub itself mounted directly in the center of the heating element. This will be a small square shaped plug between the heating element terminals. Make sure this plug is secure and not loose or unplugged. It is common for the connector plug to come loose due to vibration. If the plug is intact, check the contacts for corrosion. If everything appears as it should, then unplug the wire harness and take a resistance check. Readings will be as follows:Temperature Meter Reading32°F (0°C) 35.9 K ohms86°F (30°C) 9.7 K ohms104°F (40°C) 6.6 K ohms122°F (50°C) 4.6 K ohms140°F (60°C) 3.2 K ohms158°F (70°C) 2.3 K ohms203°F (95°C) 1 K ohmsRoughly...around 9K ohms at room temperature if I'm reading the chart correctly. Take readings as listed and also double check the connector to make sure it is not oxidized. Try cleaning the plug and reconnecting to see if the error code goes away. If not, you will probably have to replace the sensor. If the sensor checks good, take a reading across the heating element terminals. It should indicate about 15 ohms. If that all checks good and the wires coming from the sensor going up to the control board aren't broken, replace the sensor. Below is a link to the sensor you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for sensorWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem but this question is still open and I do not receive credit until you actually rate my service.