Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am installing a Whirlpool 30 in microwave. I the instructions

Customer Question

I am installing a Whirlpool 30 in microwave. I the instructions indicate the Mounting plate WALL BRACKET lower edge should be 17 1/4 inches below the upper cabinet bottom; and the mounting plate end guide holes should be 15 3/4 in below the upper cabinet bottom, but on the bracket we recieved, the holes are 1 3/4 apart, not 1 1/2 inches. I assume I make sure the bottom of the mounting plate is 17 1/4, and don't worry obout the guide holes bing 1/4 of an inch off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You are exactly right. Sometimes the mounting plates don't match up with the instructions but just make sure the mounting plate is 17 1/4" and attach the mounting plate to the wall and you'll be good to go again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?