Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool 22 cu ft French Door Refrigerator. Ice

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool 22 cu ft French Door Refrigerator. Ice is building up at the bottom of the freezer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The defrost drain is plugged and not allowing the water to drain into the condensate pan below the cabinet. That drain is located behind the rear panel inside the freezer. That drain will need to be thawed to allow proper drainage. You can totally disassemble the freezer and remove that panel to access the drain for a manual thaw. However, that is not recommended unless you are very mechanically inclined. I would strongly suggest a natural thaw by unplugging the refrigerator and opening the doors for 24 hours. That will remedy the ice building at the freezer floor.Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't rate this answer until I have tried the recommendation. I will submit a rating after I have tried the solution that was advised. I will not have time to do this until next week, but will respond as soon after as possible. Thank you for your quick response.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.