Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I can't get my new microwave/convection to work.It tells me

Customer Question

I can't get my new microwave/convection to work.It tells me to press cook time than start,tells me to open and close door and press start but it just keep telling me to open and close door and nothing happens.m#ywmh76718ab-1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then this means that either one of your door switches are starting to fail or the display board board is bad and will need to be replaced. you will need to take the microwave apart to access the door switches. Below is a link to a video on how to test the door switches. Access is probably different, but that's not the point. The point is to show you how to test the switches. Either replace the faulty switch, or replace the control board if all the switches check good. CLICK HERE for microwave door switch test videoWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?