Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Model wfw97hexlo/co4570017 owner had a eo-fo code, he

Customer Question

Model wfw97hexlo/co4570017 owner had a eo-fo code, he replaced mccu board . Then a f6e1-f6e2 popped up we went out to inspect cables etc. Shawn found nothing. How can we do a diagnostics ? What are your thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not received an answer!
Can Woody answer this? We Ned answer by Mon. Am thanks ... Chrsi
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me.All of the F6 error codes are dealing with the wire harness F6 -E1 Communication between the Central Control Unit and the MCU has not been detected. Possible Causes • Check door switch operation. Faulty switch may interfere with power to MCU. • Check drive system for worn or faulty components. • Verify continuity in cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU.and the F6 -E2 error is Communication between Central Control Unit (CCU) and User Interface (UI) has not been detected. Possible Causes • Verify continuity in cable between CCU (UI7) and UI (C2). . • Check AC and DC supplies. To run diagnostics ACTIVATING SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS 1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).2. Select any three buttons and follow the steps below, using the same buttons (remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed): Within 8 seconds, • Press and Release the 1st selected button, • Press and Release the 2nd selected button, • Press and Release the 3rd selected button; • Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.3. If the key sequence was entered successfully, the language selection screen is displayed.4. Select the desired language—choices are: English, French, and Spanish.5. The following screen warns that this area is for service technicians only. • Pressing “Exit” returns to original screen. • Pressing “Enter” continues to DIAGNOSTIC HOME screen. NOTE: The service diagnostic mode will time out after 5 minutes of user inactivity and will return to the screen the user was on before entering the service diagnostic mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Woody,
Owner not sure he is going to put more money into unit, even if it is a door lock switch or cables? Says he will let us know!?
Thanks for your help in this matter..... As Always..... Chris
No problem! just let me know if you need any more info!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Woody,
Sorry but this has nothing to do with what I asked!
I asked about a Whilpool ref. mod# ***** kw2607227,,? IM overflowed and froze up. We got there and fingers were in 4 to 5 o'clock position, Shawn replaced maker and left!? No ice still. Can we do self diagnostics or just check Voltage to maker? I have a feeling the power board may be the issue?? Let us know....Chris
No this is your entire first post you sent me on this question .((Model wfw97hexlo/co4570017 owner had a eo-fo code, he replaced mccu board . Then a f6e1-f6e2 popped up we went out to inspect cables etc. Shawn found nothing. How can we do a diagnostics ? What are your thoughts?))
It sounds like you have more then one open question!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The info. In question was answered a month or two ago. Woody don't know where my recent info. Went but now you have it? Can you reply to the refrig. Info. Sent?
This is the link to that question I was able to find it under your ID.http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/97zf2-originally-i-m-flowed-froze-up-when-arrived.html