John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Tech...ok so we have been living here and a half

Customer Question

Hi tech...ok so we have been living here for two and a half years. We have a thermador 48" with four gas burners at stovetop, a barbacue grill centered at top, pancake griddle at top far right and two electric ovens below. I'm a full service residential contractor who will tend not to fix things around my own home but my lady stopped barking and started to now growl .....so it's time to fix. Ok so there are four burners at the stove top that are situated at the left hand side. When looking at the four of them the two right side (front and back ) are the issue. The back one ever since we moved into the house 2 1/2 years ago would explode with a really loud ( like a firecracker at least) explosion/pop. So I told my lady....hey...don't use that back right burner. Well every once in awhile she would forget....and BOOOOOM,,, we would get a quick reminder not to use it. My father was out about a year ago and when he accidentally used it we actually had a fire going on behind the knobs/control board....whewww talk about adrenalin rush....that was better than the pot of coffee my dad was attempting to make.....ok well about two weeks ago we cleaned with sponge/soap and water the stove top. I wasn't here but I know they lifted out the cooking top grates and scrubbed it real good as it had been built up for months now. Well now the front right burner just barely barely burns even cranked up to high. So I know I need to do something and my lady said something about take care of it and you might see some lingerie walking around after the kids go to bed. I mean shit I would have fixed it a long time ago had I known....actually I'd have fixed it, cashed in, broke it...fixed it...cashed it,,,broke it fixed, cashed in...."hey why does the stove keep breaking!!????" Lol. 'Becuase it's a great stove"!!
Ok so what could you tell me about this? What could it be? How to repair it? Any info would be appreciated.....thank you and hope I made you laugh.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Do you have a model number?
Thanks Rob