John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Tom, I have a GE Monogram 42" side by side making a periodic

Customer Question

Hi Tom, I have a GE Monogram 42" side by side making a periodic machine gun noise. Roughly every 10 minutes and the noise lasts 1-2 seconds. Model# ***** Noise seemed to come from the lower portion and possibly from within the wall separating the freezer/fridge sections
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?

If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I have put a call out for the schematics of this machine

While Im waiting Ill opt out.

This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.

In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it would be helpful, I have a 10 second video that includes clear audio of the noise.UPDATE. After reading a post elsewhere I turned off the Controlled Climate/Chiller drawer on the fridge side and the noise has stopped. I'd like to be able to use that drawer so I am still seeking an answer. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
still need an answer. Today I reactived the produce/chiller drawer and the periodic machine gun noise returned. I'd like to be able to use that drawer. Can you help me?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
I am a different tech,Can you upload the video here?