Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator makes vibration sounds, it may start or stop

Customer Question

My refrigerator makes vibration sounds, it may start or stop simply by opening or closing a door (fridge or freezer), even stepping on floor near the refrigerator. What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This is a fairly common issue with these Jenn Air refrigerators and it just means that the condenser coil below the floor if the refrigerator is vibrating a bit. All you should need to do is remove the kick panel along the bottom on the front of the unit and stick a piece of styrofoam between the coils and the floor of the refrigerator (not the kitchen floor) and that should stop it from vibrating anymore. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?