Mike G
Mike G, Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I have a GE vented range hood (model JV536H2SS) that has the

Customer Question

I have a GE vented range hood (model JV536H2SS) that has the wires to the light fixtures burned through. Can I just replace the light fixture within this hood, or do I need to replace the whole range hood?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Failed wires to the light fixture in a range hood would not typically be a reason for replacing the entire hood.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the replacement part I should order to fix the issue?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ideally, you should follow the old wire back to the connection point. That way, there are no splices that would need to be contained in a junction box.
I was under the impression you already had the new fixture. Since you don't, it would be best to move your question to the Appliance Category.
I'll put in the request to move it now. It sometimes takes a little time for a question to move to another category, so we appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am trying to get the right replacement part ordered...the wires to both light fixtures are burned though...so I just need the light fixture replaced.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Since we are waiting for the question to be moved to the Appliance Category, I'll go ahead and opt out. I appreciate the opportunity to help.
Expert:  Mike G replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Parts for that hood are available by calling 1-***-***-**** or online at
products.geappliances.com