Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Jenn-air models F100, F120, D100 D120 is showing F C and

Customer Question

Our Jenn-air models F100, F120, D100 D120 is showing F C and with a sound. I don't know what this means or how to correct it and put range back to normal.
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
error F C means "failure to communicate" which means that your oven is having an issue communicating between the display board and the relay board. The bigger problem is that you can't test the display board and the relay board to determine which board is causing the communication issue so you'll have to take a bit of a leap and replace one of the boards. I would replace the display board first myself. If you order the parts from Repairclinic.com they will allow returns if you need to return the board which is a great option to have when you can't test to determine which control board has failed. You'll need the full model number which is located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer/panel below the door if there is one and look for a sticker with the model number on it. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?