Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I'm trying to remove the LCD control panel board from a Maytag

Customer Question

I'm trying to remove the LCD control panel board from a Maytag Bravos MCT. It's part # ***** I can't figure out how to get it off the plastic housing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that is the user interface board correct? Not the main board also located in the panel. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
http://www.amazon.com/Whirlpool-W10336131-Electronic-Control-Washer/dp/B005BNN562
Have you removed the screws on the outside edge? The screws in the middle of the plastic panel also hold the control in place. Once all the screws are out there may also be small plastic tabs you have to push out of the way with a flat head.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no screws on the outside edge. There are 5 silver tabs that appear to hold the faceplate on, but upon taking those off, it didn't work. There are 5 screws on the new LCD board, similar to the old existing board. However, it doesn't appear those screws go thru to board. I'll try to remove those 5 screws though.
Hm. Some serial breaks have tabs along the edge of board all the way around. Some have those tabs and also screws that hold the board in. And some have small plastic tabs on the tab you depress to unclip the board. The parts break down shows the screws along the edge of board and screws in center. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The white cover is off as well as the circuit board. However, the black housing is still affixed to the unit. It appears there are screws in the black housing but coming from beneath the user interface. How do I access these screws?
Can you upload a picture? Use the paper clip icon or the +File button. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a paper clip icon or the +File button on this website. (justanswer.com)
Strange. Stand by for a second please. Thank you