Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My vikking bottom mount freezer vents have frost on them. the

Customer Question

my vikking bottom mount freezer vents have frost on them. the alarm sounds, I have used a hair dry to remove frost but it returns.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You will need to use a hair dryer and thaw all the frost and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a multimeter to test continuity through the heater along the bottom of the silver coils as well as the defrost thermostat clipped onto the top of the silver coils. If either part doesn't have continuity then replace it. If both parts have continuity, your low voltage control board has failed and will need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?