John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I was replacing the light bulb when the bulb broke loose from

Customer Question

I was replacing the light bulb when the bulb broke loose from the base. There was a spark and now nothing works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Have you checked the circuit breakers in the main panel to see if one is tripped?They should all be set on and the handles all in line, any halfway are tripped.Do you have a 2 lead voltage tester if needed?Can you verify everything that is off at the moment that may be on the same circuit?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the breakers and reset the one for the microwave which was not tripped. I have unplugged the microwave and checked the outlet for power. It has power. I have removed the front panel and pulled the line fuse and it tests OK.
Ok,So this is on a Microwave? Not a lighting fixture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is a whirlpool microwave.
Ok, thanks.I will get the question moved to appliance experts, it was sent for electrical experts who handle wiring etc,.Appliance experts handle the individual appliances.The site will notify you when the next expert posts, not need to reply.It may take a few minutes for the move, so please be patient.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting for over three hours for an appliance technician
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The main board was ruined when that light shorted out. You will need a new one. There is nothing else to test or do. NEVER replace bulbs with the appliance plugged in as this type of thing always happens and winds up costing way more than a light bulb to resolve. Any local parts house can look up the board you need from the full model# ***** you can find it yourself at searspartsdirect.com.