Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE dishwasher - although the model # ***** the

Customer Question

Hi: I have a GE dishwasher - although the model # ***** the machine says PC30169, the manual says PDW7300 - water is not draining properly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. GE has a very difficult drain pump to access. Since your dishwasher isn't draining, the only way to investigate is to uninstall the dishwasher and access the drain pump in the lower back left corner of the dishwasher. Disconnect the drain hose from the drain pump and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's clear, remove the drain pump itself and check for debris in the pump. Remove the debris if you find any. If you find nothing and the disposal wasn't replaced causing this problem, then you'll need to order and replace the drain pump to fix the issue. If this problem started from you recently replacing the garbage disposal under the sink--please just let me know because it's likely not adapted correctly to accept the drain line. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?