Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Jon, I have a Samsung rfg298hdrs. A few mornings ago I walked

Customer Question

Jon,
I have a Samsung rfg298hdrs. A few mornings ago I walked into the kitchen to find a pool of water. While I was cleaning up the mess and searching for the source of water the fridge started dispensing water out of the blue for a few seconds. Over the next half an hour it did this a few times. I then changed it to ice mode and it would do the same thing. I checked to make sure nothing is pushing on it but found no reason for it to be doing this. I placed the fridge in child lock and it has stopped but the second I take it off child lock it starts up again. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the only thing that would cause this issue is an electrical glitch or software issue with the control board. It sounds like you have a faulty dispenser control for sure. Try unplugging the unit for 2-3 minutes. That may reset the control. I doubt it will but it's worth a shot. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you