Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool duet dryer is flashing F01 when I try to start

Customer Question

Hi-my whirlpool duet dryer is flashing F01 when I try to start it, what do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately F01 is a very straight forward error for this unit. It means that your main relay control board has an internal short inside the board, there is nothing that will fix this problem other than ordering and replacing the control board. To access the part, pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can see the control board mounted above the drum against the left side wall. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy, you can definitely replace it yourself.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?