Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE front loader washing machine has completed a wash cycle

Customer Question

My GE front loader washing machine has completed a wash cycle fine but now it is beeping with all the lights flashing. How do I make it stop and more importantly what is wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the unit is beeping constantly and the cycle has completed, this is a faulty control board. You can try to reset the control board by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, your control board would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much does a control board cost? Who could do this?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It depends on your model number but it usually costs about $150-200 and if you're handy you can replace it.