Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Kenmore Dryer model number 110.68732700 keeps tripping the

Customer Question

My Kenmore Dryer model number 110.68732700 keeps tripping the breaker. I have changed the thermal coupler, all of the thermostats and I even put in another breaker. I'm at wits end what it could be now. I thought about the drive motor or terminal block. It does get hot right before the breaker trips. Help!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the cord terminals. When they get burnt and the metal contact points get worn, the current draw can go way up. Can you inspect the cord terminals and see if they appear to have issues? They should be a very shiny color and the wire insulation in good shape with no melting or discoloration.