Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MDB8859AWS1 and it will not start. Control

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Maytag MDB8859AWS1 and it will not start. Control panel lights up but nothing happens. Is this generally the controller panel that has failed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If every button works except the start button, it means that your touch control panel has failed. To confirm just turn the dishwasher off and make sure all the lights on the control panel are off. Press the start button and see if the control panel illuminates. If not, then you definitely need a new touch control panel because the start button has failed. The control panel should turn on if any button is pressed so the fact that it's not turning on means that the button isn't working. Below is a link to the touch control panel you'd need to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?