Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Front load washer. tank wont drain water out. is the pump out

Customer Question

front load washer. tank wont drain water out. is the pump out of it and how much is a new pump
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.There really isn't a pump switch, there is a control board and a drain pump. If your drain catch is clear, then you need to remove the drain pump to check for anything that might be blocking the drain pump. If you haven't checked the drain catch, open the access panel in the bottom left corner and unscrew the drain catch to look for a blockage---be careful because al he water in the tub will come flowing out. If you find nothing, then you'll need to replace the drain pump itself. To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?