Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchen aid KGCC506RBL01 gas top stove all burners

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen aid KGCC506RBL01 gas top stove all burners is clicking all is clean, could it be spark module
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So this is a fairly common problem and you can continue using the cooktop for now if needed, but it won't stop clicking until everything dries out *hopefully*. Once you're done using the oven, just turn the circuit breaker off and let it sit for 24 hours and the spark switches will hopefully dry out of they got wet somehow. Right now one or more of the spark switches is making continuity which is why it continues to spark so it thinks you're trying to light the burner all the time even though that isn't the case. If letting it sit for 24 hours doesn't fix the issue, then you have a bad spark switch and the faulty switch would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a top gas stove its been off for more then 24 hrs and unplug. How much is the spark switch and part # ? Kitchen Aid KGCC506RBL01 S/N XU2602142
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The switch comes as a harness with all 4 switches attached. The part number is(###) ###-####and it costs about $55. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for switch assembly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?