Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore HE4 dryer purchased new in 2006. Yesterday

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore HE4 dryer purchased new in 2006. Yesterday the dryer would power on by selecting a drying mode but would not start. I inspected the dryer by cleaning all the lint out of the unit and checking the belt pulley switch. cycled the switch a few times and it clicked. inspected the rest of the dryer. no discrepanoies noted. dryer worked ok. ran a diagnostics and 88 was indicated on the display. today I the drying mode buttons and I have no lights nothing. checked my house CB and read power to the outlet and voltage is ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So there are no fuses or cut outs that will stop the dryer from at least illuminating on the control panel. If you have no lights and nothing works but your'e sure the dryer is getting power from your house, then your front interface control board has just shorted and will need to be replaced. You usually can't see a visible sign when this board fails because it's all low voltage but below is a link to the control panel you'll want to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for interface control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?