Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

While cleaning , removed the filter and while wiping the filter

Customer Question

While cleaning , removed the filter and while wiping the filter support tray unfortunately dropped my wash cloth down into the plenum area. Can the bottom plenum plate be removed to access the cavity or do you suggest gaining access via the side panel by removing the (4) plugs and pulling back the panel to gain access to the cavity to remove the dish cloth??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Is this a dryer and do you happen to have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, no it is a Jenn - Air Electric Touch Control Cooktop Model JED4430WB01 with Serial Number DY5030218.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can remove cover part 9 on the diagram in the link below below the cooktop, but other than that you'd be removing the blower wheel motor or the entire vent to get that rag now. CLICK HERE for diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please just send the diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tyler had a look at the diagram and it shows screw holes where my model appears to be "crimped" on or permanently affixed... my fear is that if I attempt to bang it off or remove it it will damage the glass cooktop so figured going in through the side panel by removing the plugs might be the better route to go??
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, without being there I can't exact see what you are looking at, but one of those panels on the box should be held in by screws so that you can remove it in case you ever need to disconnect the blower wheel from the motor shaft.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?