Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The control panel on my unit shorted out(burn marks) and i

Customer Question

The control panel on my unit shorted out(burn marks) and i want to replace it but I need to know what would cause this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Usually nothing causes the control panel to short out, it just shorts out from getting old on this unit. If you think something may have shorted it out, disconnect the wires to the heater and to the motor. Test one of the terminals on the heater to ground and do the same with one of the motor terminals to ground. If you don't have continuity to ground on either of those parts then just replace the control board. If you do have continuity to ground, then you need to replace the control board as well as the part that is grounded out.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?