Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Samsung Refrigerator RF263TEAEWW Lower (freezer) ice maker

Customer Question

Samsung Refrigerator RF263TEAEWW Lower (freezer) ice maker has stopped making ice. There are cubes made and in the mold cups but they have not dropped.
What do I need to do to initiate the cycle?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is about all I can tell you. It was working fine and just stopped dropping ice two days ago. All I have done is pushed the reset button. I am not sure what the next step should be. Thank you.
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the ice maker is most likely going bad. When you hold the reset button in does the ice maker advance? The most common issue on these refrigerators is a faulty ice maker motor assembly. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you