John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchenaid Outdoor Icemaker that we bought 4 years

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid Outdoor Icemaker that we bought 4 years ago. It now has quit making ice altogether. Seems to still cool but a) not sure if cool enough and b) not sure if it is even filling with water. I have tried cleaning it.
Need suggestions
Jeff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. If you are getting cooling it is either not filling or not pumping the water. This model sprays water up onto the evaporator. Can you tell if there is water in the reservoir inside on the left side? When it was working it did make round "hat" cubes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, made square cubes. No water in the reservoir. Water to the ice maker is good. Reservoir is at the rear of the unit. It is a free standing outdoor ice maker, front flip down door.
That may be the newer one and that is good. The earlier version is much harder to work on. I will need the model number to be sure but the icemaker should try to fill if you turn it off for 30 seconds or longer and then turn it back on. It starts in a flush mode by filling 2 minutes, circulating for 1 minute and another 2 minute fill. Do you have a meter to check for voltage at the fill valve?
Do you still need help?
Any update?