Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a 2 section kitchen aid wine cooler that isn't cooling.

Customer Question

i have a 2 section kitchen aid wine cooler that isn't cooling. When I turn the thermostat on the fan starts but I'm not sure that the compressor is starting. Is it possible for the fan to start and not the compressor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. The compressor should run anytime the fan runs. Do you have a meter to test voltage? Have you removed the rear cover in the back rear the floor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the cover and have a vom to check the compressor. What voltage should I see?
It the fan is running you should have 120vac on the two wires that go to the compressor. If you have the 120, then remove the relay from the compressor and shake it. If it rattles it is bad. I think that will be the problem as it is the most common problem. Let me know if you need part numbers.
Do you still need help?
Any update? Have you located the problem at the relay?