Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

ELECTROLUX MODEL EW28BS71IS9. Error code = ICE E3 with top bar of the E missing. Water

Customer Question

ELECTROLUX MODEL EW28BS71IS9. Error code = ICE E3 with top bar of the E missing. Water lines seem fine from supply. However, low pressure at the water dispenser. BTW-Water filter is new.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That indicates that the thermistor on the ice maker is shorted.
Ice t3 TH3 Error (open or short) This error is detected when the thermister has failed on the suction line of the I/M.
It could be a problem with the thermistor, the wiring from it to the control or the control itself. That ice maker is a very, very difficult unit to diagnose and repair. I would strongly suggest you have it professionally repaired.