Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have an Asko T701 Dryer. The motor (start?) capacitor fried

Customer Question

I have an Asko T701 Dryer. The motor (start?) capacitor fried and burned when the dryer was over filled and the drum didn't turn. I have a replacement capacitor from the authorized Asko parts supplier. The issue is that the original capacitor has on two terminals and the new one has 4. How do I know which 2 to connect to?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
If you look closely you will see that two of the tags are joined together, as are the other two.
So, lets say the tags are called A B C and D
Determine which are joined together, say A and B are joined and so is C and D
You can then connect one wire to A or B and the other wire to C or D
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob