Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

My electrolux fridge will not release Ice to the bucket

Customer Question

my electrolux fridge will not release Ice to the bucket
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
So the ice will not come out of the mold and dump into the bucket?
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
If so, then I would suggest first trying to remove the ice maker and defrosting the ice out. It is possible the water filled too much int the ice maker mold causing it to over freezer onto the tines or arms of the ejector blade of the ice maker. And it can now not eject the ice into the bucket.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Please check that and get back to me here and let me know what the model number is ***** the ref and I will help you more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # ***** so it did make a butch of ice then it the mold moves to get fill with water and get back into position but since first butch is not released is just dripping water all over
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Okay. thank you for that info elda. What you need to do first is remove the bucket and flush the ice maker mold out like I had explained above. It will take some time and can be a bit messy so get some towels to collect the water. but flushing the frozen ice out of the mold will help to solve the issue. The ice maker wants t fill with water. But since there is ice in the mold already it will just pour all over.
Flush it out and you should be ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just connected the fridge this morning I had it unplugged for 2 days but problem still the same