Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a brand new Haier GWT480BW to load washer that turns

Customer Question

I have a brand new Haier GWT480BW to load washer that turns on and the water is also on. It lights up and starts beeping but will not work. I think its that black sensor on the top right side that is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the reed switch (number 25) on the first page of the diagrams at the link below may be out of place or faulty. Is this the piece you are referring to?
https://www.encompassparts.com/shop/model_research_docs/?file=/HAI/sb/EV_GWT480BW.pdf
https://www.encompassparts.com/model/HAIGWT480BW/_/_/Haier/GWT480BW/AUTOMATIC_WASHING_MACHINE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
I think you are correct. I went to use it a few minutes ago and it worked well until I opened the lid two times during the filling up cycle to add more soap. When I closed the lid after the third time it stopped working. All is does know is beeps. I unplugged it from the power outlet for 20 minutes and still the same result (Beeping). I have some questions:
1. Why doesn't the lid lock (is it suppose to)?
2. How would you suggest I place the black wire into the plastic part?
3. How should I place the plastic part back into the machine (e.g., all way back or forward).
4. When I put the machine on cold the hot water comes out. Is this also the same problem?Thanks,
Mark
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The lid switch assembly will probably need to be replaced. As for the water, does the hot turn to cold after it fills for a few seconds or does it fill only with hot water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only fills with hot water.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you select a cold wash, does it just hum or what does it do?