The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a 1964 Airstream Globetrotter with a the original

Customer Question

I have a 1964 Airstream Globetrotter with a the original Dometic reefer. I am thinking about replaceing it with a Norcold N***** The opening is 22" wide by 32" high by 23" deep. Will this work? What other questions should I be asking? Such as how much space needs to be around the appliance for airflow etc.
Thanks
*****************
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer. What is the model number of the original Dometic unit, please?
From the measurements you have provided the unit is going to be smaller than the original. 2 1/4" shorter, 1-`1/2"slimmer, and 1-5/8" less on the overall depth.The unit will fit just fine but you will need to do a little trim work to hide the smaller dimensions.