John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model PCF23MGWABB.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a GE Profile refrigerator model PCF23MGWABB. Originally, the ice (cube and crush) would not dispense. The lights on the panel would light, then another one would light, but no ice. Water worked fine. I ended up changing the mother board and
the front panel assembly. Now when I press either crush or cube, the light comes on, but nothing turns. press back to water and get water. would appreciate any assistance you may be able to lend on this. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 2 years ago.
Most likely you didn't need either of the two parts you replaced. You've replaced the front panel assembly so you know how to access it. So get it out again and remove the two wire connector that goes from this board to the dispenser flapper solenoid and see if the augur motor now works ( no ice will dispense because the flapper is not working ) If it does , you have a shorted flapper solenoid. which is dropping the DC voltage every time you select ice and causing the problem. Replace the solenoid. Normally the parts supplier will not take back the new parts you installed because they are electronic and no way for them to test to see if they are still good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow, thank you Tom. I will try that this weekend. Appreciate you getting back to me.
regards, Tom
That part failure is so common , it is the first thing I do when the dispenser board is acting up.