Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an older ge profile microwave. Model JEM31SF001. Cosmetically

Customer Question

I have an older ge profile microwave. Model JEM31SF001. Cosmetically In good shape and still cooks food. Occasionally while running however, the digital readout starts fluttering and the unit cuts out. It will restart immediately if you restart the unit. This unit fits well in the existing cabinet. The new models are 1" taller than the old and are about 1/8" to tall to get in the opening. Any idea on the part that could be faulty?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
You either have a bad main control board or possibly a loose connection on the board. Based on the model I would say it is a bad main control board. Here is a link to the parthttp://www.searspartsdirect.com/ge-microwave-parts/WB07X10620/0022/364/model-JEM31SF001/0432/0123245.html