John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool 4.3 Cu. Ft. Top Load Washer, Model # *****

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool 4.3 Cu. Ft. Top Load Washer, Model # ***** Recently, the washer will not execute a Normal Cycle. It just puts out a clicking sound which cannot be stopped unless you unplug the machine. The other cycles work just fine. I purchased the washer in August 2010. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The problem is most likely within the control board because the same mechanical parts are actuated no matter what cycle you choose. Since others work fine then that means the mechanism itself is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a recommendation to fix the problem? Replace the Control Board?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Replacing the board is the solution here. Some can be quite expensive, so be careful about how much you spend on this. Ebay may have some deals on one, so be sure to look there. I have had no problems buying repaired boards as that saves quite a lot over new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wanted to let you know, it was not the control board. It was the motor and transmission. Washer had to be replaced.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
OK.