Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My new icemaker will not get cold. Has never made ice but

Customer Question

My new icemaker will not get cold. Has never made ice but fills up with water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
If the unit fills but never freezes, theis sounds like a bad board or a bad connection.
Unfortunately, I can not recommend you take this apart to look for the problem, as this would invalidate the warranty.
I know its frustrating but the best thing is to get the supplier to exchange this for you.
If you try to find the fault yourself, the manufacturer could say that your "interference" has caused more damage
Sorry there isnt an easy solution for you.
Please dont shoot the messanger!
Thanks
Rob